Friday, July 13, 2007

Summer Games

I just got back from the every-three-year family Pinochle tournament. We use a double elimination format, and I’ve invented a system where we switch partners after every round. If you’d like to see the bracket algorithm, send me an email at dlhanner@gmail.com. Did I mention that I love brackets?

I also played nine games of scrabble with the Blog’s mom. We keep track of our scores over time. It is probably coincidence, but since the advent of the 4th Edition of the Scrabble dictionary, with 2 letter Q and Z words QI and ZA added, I’ve been scoring about 40 points higher than my previous average.

While we’re on the topic of games, don’t overlook the under-rated Ticket 2 Ride. The game may seem simple, but it has some great strategy, especially with 4 or 5 players.